We are looking for an Industrial/Organizational Psychology Specialist to join our growing team! You studied I/O psychology in post-secondary and have been working in the field for a few years now. You will work with clients to ensure their talent management needs are met, including guiding pilot projects with regards to career pathing, employee development, and emerging leadership/high potential identification. You will bring expertise in working with psychometric data, interpreting the data with a practical spin, and communicating the findings to client stakeholders. You will bring your perspective to all stages of the product lifecycle, from research and development, to testing of ideas, to design and delivery. You will work as an internal resource and subject matter expert to collaborate with and provide I/O psychology expertise to sales and marketing.
You are ready to be challenged at the start-up level with a desire to start/grow your entrepreneurial journey. In joining our team, you will get hooked to the problem we are trying to solve – preparing mid-size and enterprise clients for the future of work.
Who is Plum?
The future of work means a growing impact from artificial intelligence, the automation of jobs, and changing models of what work looks like. The shake-up will be felt across all industries in every department; “That’s the way it’s always been done” will no longer be a valid excuse to rationalize traditional business processes and methodologies. We are a Waterloo-based technology company that helps solve this problem by combining advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology with Artificial Intelligence to provide organizations with the talent data they need to prepare for the future of work.
At Plum, we believe in transparency and a culture of support and team orientation, which is displayed first and foremost by our leadership team. Daily interactions with our Directors and our Co-founders are not uncommon in our small but growing organization. We are also committed to helping our team members reach their full potential with coaching and internal growth opportunities. Not to mention, we also love to have fun!
6 reasons you should apply to this role:
- You get to work at a growing technology company, building a product that helps organizations automate what you studied in grad school.
- You are delivering psychometric data at scale and developing something that accounts for and drives how talent management will manifest in organizations in the future of work.
- You will get to work in collaboration with Dr. Neil Christiensen and the I/O psychology department at Central Michigan University.
- You are the go-to person when anyone in the organization needs I/O psychology and talent management expertise. You are at the center of it all and relevant to every department. You will have the opportunity to make others passionate about I/O psychology every day!
- You have an entire team to market and sell the product. You get to focus on making sure our product performs the same way an expert would.
- Our office environment includes competitive health benefits, flexible work schedule, bi-weekly team meals, monthly company events and activities, relaxed dress code & atmosphere, and a dog-friendly office.
Sounds awesome? We agree!
Here’s a few things you have that will help you stand out in the application process:
- MA or PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- Experience with consulting in talent management topic areas (e.g., assessment, employee development, leadership) in an external or internal capacity.
- Have presented to C-level executives, as well as to technical subject matter experts.
- Product management experience an asset.
- HR tech, ATS, and HCM experience an asset.
To officially apply to the role and see firsthand how we use I/O psychology in our product, take our Plum Talent Assessment: http://bit.ly/2HI9SwO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.