At Plum, our purpose is to empower everyone to realize their full potential at work. We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company that provides a talent assessment platform that strips away bias and reveals human potential to revolutionize how global enterprises hire, grow, and retain talent. With unmatched scalability, Plum powers more objective and equitable talent decisions across the employee lifecycle using the predictive power of psychometric data.
We are looking for an HR/Office Administrator to join our small but mighty Operations team. This position encompasses HR support, executive support for our CEO, as well as Finance support. We are looking for someone with a passion for organization and attention to detail and has a desire to help give Plum employees a positive work-life experience. You will be an ambassador for our company culture and aren’t afraid to have some fun. You are the wearer of many hats and as such, you need to be able to balance multiple tasks and changing priorities. No two days are the same, and this excites you!
Plum is currently a 32-person company that is rapidly growing and moving to a remote first, office optional work environment. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work from our Waterloo, Ontario head office 2-3 days per week, and 30-40 hours per week.
What you'll do
- Assist with onboarding & offboarding logistics and recruitment coordination.
- Support employee engagement initiatives through the development of our Employee Engagement Calendar.
- Assist with planning, organizing, (and participating!) in unique company events and activities that encourage social interaction and team building in a hybrid model.
- Provide general support to management team.
- Support our CEO through scheduling meetings and preparing agendas.
- Coordinate all CEO’s travel booking, coordination, and expense reconciliation.
- Assist in the development of corporate communication and stakeholder correspondence.
- Support other special projects as needed.
- Assist with the execution of our Return to Office Plan.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our physical office space, including vendor relationships, space layout, office upkeep & maintenance, catering, and company travel.
- Assist with the company’s health and safety program and, COVID-19 Safety Program.
- Plan all logistics around our bi-weekly company-wide townhall meetings.
- Assist the finance team with monthly bank reconciliation, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable.
What you'll need
- 1-2 years experience in office administration, HR, or executive support
- Proficient computer skills (intermediate level or higher in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional manner and presentation
- Excellent command of the English language, strong spelling and vocabulary and good business writing skills
- Desire to learn all aspects of the business and have some fun at the same time!
Who you are
- You are passionate about making somewhere a great place to work
- You are flexible and can anticipate, plan for, and adjust to changing priorities
- You have exceptional organizational skills; strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and prioritization of tasks
- You can be trusted to treat confidential information with the utmost care
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can get the job done in a calm and collected fashion
Who we are
At Plum, we believe in supporting our employees first so that they can support our organization’s growth, trust, alignment and resilience through the following initiatives:
- Flexible work schedule
- Unwavering support from our leadership team
- Fun quarterly company events and activities
- Coaching and mentoring opportunities
- Health benefits with a focus on mental health & wellness
- A great collaborative atmosphere
We really believe in our product (who would we be if we didn’t?!), so as a first step in our application process, we’d love to invite you to complete your own Plum Profile. This is a great way to see the product in action! Once complete, we’ll give you a summary of your top three talents and even some tips to help you find a role that suits your natural talents and abilities. Please follow the bit.ly apply link below to create your own Plum Profile, and we look forward to seeing your application in our platform soon!
At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email email@example.com.