The future of work means a growing impact from artificial intelligence, the automation of jobs, and changing models of what work looks like. At Plum, we’re preparing enterprise organizations for the biggest disruption to the workforce since the industrial revolution by quantifying people’s innate strengths and matching them to jobs where they thrive. We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company of 22 people (in the process of doubling in size!) that automates advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to provide organizations with the talent data they need to prepare for the future of work.
As a Senior Software Developer, you’ll join the Engineering team to build, support, and evolve Plum’s application and infrastructure. Our application is built using Python/Django, Typescript/Angular, and we leverage Docker in all environments from development through to production (AWS ECS/ECR).
Applying from outside of Canada? Learn more about the experience of Plum's international software developers here!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Join an Agile team that works in close collaboration with the Product team to estimate, build, support, and evolve the Plum application.
- Design and develop new products and features with the team.
- Mentor, support, and foster the technical growth of team members through code review and one-to-one guidance.
- Contribute to the building, managing, monitoring and maintaining of Plum’s cloud infrastructure, following infrastructure-as-code principles utilizing different technologies.
- Maintain, support, and develop tools related to our continuous integration pipeline.
- Collaborate with our Information Security team to further harden the Plum infrastructure, while leveraging tools to monitor for malicious activity.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior software developers
- Experience building RESTful APIs and have experience with Python.
- Experience building single-page web applications (e.g. Angular, React, etc.).
- Comfort and preference for working in a Linux environment.
- Experience using Docker in a production environment.
- To believe strongly in writing testable and maintainable code.
- Experience with and knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL a plus).
- Experience managing, monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning production deployments in AWS, would be an advantage.
- Experience with the hardening and monitoring of cloud-based web application architectures, would be an advantage.
WHO YOU ARE
- Explain ideas with clear and concise language.
- Receive and deliver feedback constructively.
- Build and maintain long-term working relationships.
- Adapt to others' strengths and weaknesses.
- Attend to details to ensure accurate and timely completion of projects.
- Solve complex problems despite time pressure.
- Consistently surpass quality standards.
WHO WE ARE
At Plum, we believe in transparency, commitment, and a culture of support and team orientation through the following initiatives:
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Bi-weekly team meals
- Fun monthly company events and activities
- Relaxed dress code and atmosphere
- Dog-friendly office
- Coaching and internal growth opportunities
We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team and culture, as such we ask that you complete the Plum Discovery Survey (follow the Apply link below). By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to check out our base product first hand and get your own Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.