There’s no denying it — we’re living in uncertain times. Local and global social distancing measures in response to the outbreak of COVID-19 mean organizations are being catapulted into the future of work as we are witnessing one of the largest disruptions to the workforce since the industrial revolution. At Plum, we can help organizations by quantifying people’s innate strengths and matching them to jobs where they thrive. We are a Waterloo-based SaaS company of 34 people that automates advanced Industrial/Organizational Psychology to provide organizations with the talent data they need to prepare for the future of work.
We are opening a full-time role to act as an expert in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and more broadly, talent management. You will work with clients to ensure their talent management needs are met, including assisting pilot projects with regards to career pathing, employee development, and emerging leadership / high potential identification. You will bring expertise in working with psychometric data, interpreting the data with a practical spin, and communicating the findings to client stakeholders. You will work as an internal resource to collaborate with sales to meet their needs when I/O psychology expertise is needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Research & Analysis:
- Analyze psychometric data to create internal benchmarks
- Provide clients with insights into their applicant pool, employee base, and job needs
- Determine success metrics for new or existing customers to work towards
- Demonstrate the value of Plum through quantifiable means
Client I/O Psychology SME Delivery:
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of I/O Psychology and talent management use cases.
- Develop materials for Customers, Customer Support, Sales, and Marketing.
- Deliver training both to customers, to the internal team, and at times the community.
- Providing expert opinion to prospective clients, in collaboration with our sales team.
- Support product design and development using knowledge of talent management best practices.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
- 1 year of experience consulting in talent management topic areas (e.g., assessment, selection, employee development, leadership) strongly preferred
WHO YOU ARE
- You are ready to be challenged at the start-up level with a desire to start/grow your entrepreneurial journey.
- You solve complex problems, attend to details, and organize oneself to complete deliverable with high quality.
- You successfully lead multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, take on new challenges, and handle changing priorities/objectives.
- You explain complex ideas clearly and concisely to varying stakeholders. You ask questions and listen carefully.
- You overcome obstacles by persevering and generating creative ideas. You propose alternative perspectives based on client need, best practice, and the changing nature of work.
- You work well with stakeholders from various groups, contributing to their success.
WHO WE ARE
At Plum, we believe in transparency, commitment, and a culture of support and team orientation through the following initiatives:
- Competitive health benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- Bi-weekly team meals
- Fun monthly company events and activities
- Relaxed dress code and atmosphere
- Dog-friendly office
- Coaching and internal growth opportunities
We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team and culture, as such we ask that you complete the Plum Discovery Survey. By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to check out our base product first hand and get your own Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
At Plum, we are committed to building inclusive organizations – and that starts with our own team. We believe that diversity of thought and background breeds unbridled innovation. Therefore, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process, please email email@example.com.